An Interactive Keynote
Join Chris DeSantis, an expert in the design and delivery of management and organization development interventions, for “The Crucible Experience as a Catalyst for Leading” in the Augustus Ballroom at 8:30 a.m. Participate in the crucible experience, hear and share stories, and learn specific strategies for communicating effectively, leading teams, achieving results and influencing people. Sponsored by ServiceNow.
Session Move this morning
The Solution Spotlight session on Security Awareness this morning at 8:30 is being moved from Octavius 7 to Neopolitan I-II.
Congratulations to Our Winners
Attendees had a fabulous time at last night’s awards dinner, and our award nominees all deserve a round of applause. Congratulations to our award recipients.
ILTA’s 2013 Distinguished Peer Award Recipients:
• IT Professional of the Year: Gary Berger of Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
• KM Professional of the Year: Patrick DiDomenico of Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
• Leadership Award: Mark Thorogood of Perkins Coie
• Litigation Support Professionals of the Year: Michael Boggs of Holland & Hart and Stephen Dooley of Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
• Technology Advocacy Professional of the Year: Alison Grounds of Troutman Sanders LLP
• Young Professional of the Year: Wale Elegbe of Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
• Innovative Consultant of the Year: Olenick & Associates
• Innovative Solution Provider of the Year: Traveling Coaches, Inc.
• Vendor Thought Leader of the Year: Donna Payne
• Innovative Project of the Year: Seyfarth Shaw LLP
• Innovative Law Department of the Year: BMO Financial Group
• Innovative Law Firm of the Year: Seyfarth Shaw LLP
ILTA’s 2013 Publication Awards recipients:
• Outstanding Member-Contributed Magazine Article: Patrick Johansen of Brinks Hofer Gilson & Lione
• Outstanding Vendor-Contributed Magazine Article: Adam Carlson and Matt Wolf of Carlson & Wolf LLC
• Outstanding Member-Contributed White Paper Article: Steve Lastres of Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
• Outstanding Vendor-Contributed White Paper Article: Ignatius Grande and Andrew Paredes of Epiq Systems, Inc.
• Most Innovative Editorial Content: Nicole Blake of Lathrop & Gage LLP
• Most Innovative Ad Content: Kroll Ontrack
• Rising Star: Jessica Hutto-Schultz of Greenstein DeLorme & Luchs, P.C.
Our Exhibitors Rock
Many thanks to our exhibitors for their support at ILTA 2013! And a special thanks to those who got into the spirit of our “American Bandstand” theme by decorating their booths and dressing in costume during our Exhibit Hall networking event Monday evening. Congratulations to the winners of our booth decorating contest:
1st Place: Traveling Coaches –– Booth 300/302
2nd Place: BillBLAST –– Booth 545
3rd Place: Advanced Legal Systems, Inc. –– Booth 313A
Feel free to sleep in, and join us for breakfast on-the-go in the Exhibit Hall between 8:00 and 9:30 a.m. Special drawings will be held every half-hour!
Keep the Evals Comin’!
As always, your feedback on sessions drives the content development for next year. Please complete the session evaluations via the mobile app or on paper. Your input via the mobile app is anonymous.
In addition, the mobile app was missing evals for two sessions:
MISC5: Five Steps To Delivering Dynamic Presentations and
MISC6: How To Develop Quality Requirements for SharePoint Projects. These have now been added. If you attended one of these sessions, please take a moment to provide your input.
We’re getting lots of great feedback, so please keep it coming!
Play Vendor Bingo
Conference attendees are encouraged to visit each booth in the Exhibit Hall to acquaint themselves with our exhibitors and get their bingo card stamped. Bingo cards will be collected and screened on Thursday morning for having at least 40 squares stamped. The drawing for valuable prizes starts at 11:30 a.m. on Thursday in the Exhibit Hall. You must be present to win. Check out the fabulous prizes donated by our vendors on the next page!
Exhibit Hall Hours
The Exhibit Hall will be open today from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and tomorrow from 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Come on in!
Any items that are lost and found will be turned in to the Member Registration desk.
Clark Wilson LLP’s Director of Information Technology, Don Kerr, traveled here from Vancouver, British Columbia. He has attended over 10 ILTA conferences and made long-lasting peer connections that extend well beyond the end of the last educational session. Don appreciates the knowledge everyone shares, noting that members are trying to solve the same problems, and no one can do it all alone. Here are his top picks for today:
• Getting a Handle on Data Storage Growth and Management (11:00 a.m.)
• Implementing and Using Windows Server 2012 in the Legal Environment: A Hands-On Lab (1:30 p.m.)
• HP Autonomy Company Update (3:30 p.m.)
A Note About Wireless Access
We are aware that many are having trouble with the resort’s wireless network. The resort’s engineers have taken several steps to improve the situation, and they continue to make efforts for a better wireless experience.
In addition, please keep the following in mind:
• If you have a hotspot or Mi-Fi device, please turn it off. We understand the need to get on the Internet, but these devices are a significant cause for disruption and poor wireless service for attendees. Mi-Fi devices will overpower the resort’s signal for wireless for those seated nearby you.
• If you have an iPhone, iPad or newer laptop that supports the 5GHz wireless option, you should see a wireless connection called ILTA2013_Faster. While technically not faster, it does use a frequency range that is far less congested and constrained than the ILTA2013 choice that operates at 2.4GHz.
• If your smartphone has good cellular reception and data service, consider using that instead of the resort’s wireless service.
For additional tips, visit the mobile app’s General Info icon and review the information on wireless troubleshooting.
Recycle Your Stuff
Caesars provides conference “leftovers” to local schools. Any bags, badgeholders, pens, etc. that you have no need to keep can be deposited in the small wooden school buses you’ll see in a couple of locations in the conference center. We’ll provide additional boxes for the anticipated overflow.
We’re excited to report that Caesars collects and recycles all guest room amenities (soaps, shampoo, lotion, etc.) and donates them to Clean the World.
An Evening to Yourself
There is no planned event for this evening, so you will need to make your own arrangements for dinner. Enjoy the great restaurants in the resort, and have fun at the many vendor networking events that are planned!
Filed under: 2013 Conference | Leave a comment »